Monday, December 26, 2011

Winter Solstice

The night is cold,
The snow is new.
Lellie loves the Winter!
Moo loves the Winter!
Daddy loves the Winter!
And I do too!

Photobucket
Our Solstice/Birthday table all lit up.

Photobucket
Maddie blowing out her birthday candles!  Note the drool- she had been trying for quite a bit!

Photobucket
The gorgeous star lanterns I made, lit up for the first time!

First off, I apologize for the delay in the post- I have been so busy what with Christmas and all.

Our Winter Solstice was peaceful.  We were going to do a lantern walk, but since it was raining and freezing, we decided to spend the evening by candlelight instead.

Tomorrow is Lellie's 4th Birthday.  We're having a family celebration.  I also need to rewrite her rainbow bridge story (I know, again!) and draw the illustrations for it.  I wasn't going to throw the angel into the mix because of our atheist ties, but I've decided to treat it as sort of a myth- a fairy tale about their birth, if you will.  It is magical for them, and when they're older they can decide if they want to believe it is true or not.  I'm not 100% in tune with anthroposophy... so I'm not treating it as fact.  Just telling it as I would any other story!  When I told it on Maddie's birthday the other day, Lellie was a bit confused.. I think illustrations would help her a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment